The PrimeKey EJBCA team is happy to announce that a new generation of EJBCA is finally here. As always, you can download the release from SourceForge.
In this release, the underlying framework has changed from Java Enterprise Edition 2, to 5. EJBCA 4 will constitute the solid base for EJBCA for the coming years. Together with major refactoring, the Java Enterprise upgrade significantly improves the quality of the EJBCA code and internal architecture, allowing for faster development time. The technology upgrades also make way for the development of a new Administration GUI and the integration with CESeCore.
164 issues have been resolved for this release. The most noteworthy changes can be seen below.
Development continues beyond this version and all requests from the community are scheduled for EJBCA 4.0.1 or later releases.
More information is available at the project web site and the complete change log can be viewed in the issue tracker.
EJBCA 4.0.0 Release Notes:
- Framework changed to Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) 5.
- Well defined database schema for all supported application servers and databases. You are now able to switch application server.
- Support for the Ingres database without patching.
- Numerous features and improvements to the Administration GUI, command line interface and core functionality.
- Improved reliability of EJBCA services.
- Many small bug fixes and stabilizations.
For more information, please contact:
Tomas Gustavsson, CTO, PrimeKey Solutions AB,
tel: +46(0)707 42 10 96, e-mail: tomas at primekey dot se