Secure PDF documents are a lot more complex than you'd think at first. There are a lot of security options, and several passwords and mechanisms to protect the various security aspects.
Major new features and improvements
- Improved servlet error handling.
- Deploy documentation with application.
- Improved API for archiving.
- Support for signing PDFs with document restrictions.
- Support for: PDF permissions enforcement; modification of PDF permissions; setting PDF permission passwords.
- Refuse to certify PDFs already certified and refuse to sign when signing is not
- Remote EJB worker interface could not be used with ECC with explicit parameters.
- Warnings printed on STDERR.
- Web service interface did not log XFORWARDEDFOR headers.
- Typo in sample configuration for PDFSigner.
- Setting healthcheck properties had no effect.
- CRL download should close streams correctly and allow for caching.
- Supplied username and password ignored in SigningAndValidationWS.
- Unit tests failed in certain situations.
- Ant target for testing individual tests did not work.
- Switching application server type did not update jndi.properties.
- JavaDoc failed to build.