Hardly surprising the G1 works perfectly also in sweden. To configure for tele2 I only configured five items in the APN configuration.
- Name: Tele2
- APN: internet.tele2.se
- MMSC: http://mmsc.tele2.se
- MMS proxy: 126.96.36.199
- MMS port: 8080
After this this phone works like a charm. Buying the phone from google was easy and delivery was fast, only a week.
Now all we have to do is run EJBCA on the phone :-)
To re-encode movies to show on the phone (using cinema app for example) do this on Ubuntu:
- apt-get install avidemux, and start avidemux. Avidemux works great as a mobile media encoder.
- Open the file you want to convert.
- In Video dropdown select MGEG-4 ASP (lavc).
- Click Configure->Encoding Mode->Single pass - bitrate, enter 384 kb/s and click ok.
- Click Filters, double click MPlayer resize, width 480, height 320, click OK then close.
- In Audio dropdown select AAC (FAAC).
- Click Configure and select bitrate 96.
- In Format dropdown select MP4.
- Finally click Save and enter the new filename with .mp4 ending.
Now just make sure you copy the file to sdcard intact.